Worse yet, the heaviest users of Twitter are journalists and political operatives. They tend to have lots of short episodes of downtime and fill them with Twitter. There’s a big psychic reward to issuing a bon mot — usually a put-down — and being cheered for it by your friends and political allies. But the end result is a lot of off-the-cuff meanness. Few tweeters even follow the links they retweet to read beyond the headline. And spending hours a day in this environment can’t help but affect their other work.
Some say the sharp partisanship we see on Twitter from allegedly objective journalists is a useful revelation: Finally, we’re seeing their true selves. There’s much truth to that.
- “Let’s be honest. It’s going to be ugly.” - "When you break things, it is painful. And you get cut. And you bleed."
- Nutmeg Goes Off on Joy - Yeah, Kid Rock Was Right.
- If you like to kill two birds with one stone, hold your horses because you may just open up a can of worms.
- WTF - The Sounds of
- Worship Thy Va-Jay-Jay. - Let make a Golden Vagina Sculpture!
- Squinty and Meat Puppet's Triumph Return From Honeymoon.
Thank You WHATFINGER NEWS for the Linkage!